Here are the answers to last night’s trivia:
- Name the 2 main sound systems at the forefront of the reggae scene.
Duke Reid’s Trojan & Clement Dodd’s Sir Coxsone Downbeat
- Name the man who founded WIRL-WI Records Ltd that featured records by local Jamaican artists.
- With his hit 007 (Shanty Town), he became the face of rock-steady in the UK.
- Before Tuff Gong, The Wailers formed their own label, Upsetter Records. True or False
False. Upsetter Records was started by Lee Perry. Wailing Souls is the correct answer.
- These 2 producers were at the forefront of the reggae genre.
Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry & Osbourne ‘King Tubby’ Ruddock.
- This group recorded ‘Do the Reggae’ in 1968.
Toots & The Maytals
Thanks for playing. Next week’s trivia topic will be ‘Name that Riddim.’ Join in on Twitter @sunnydmetv or just follow the hashtags #reggaetrivia #reggaemonth. See you then!